Monday 4 June 2012

Parallel Circuits

Parallel Circuits are very useful and are found in use in homes, cars, and street lights. The advantage of a parallel electrical circuit is that each fixture received electricity through its own unique circuit. In a house, for example, if one light bulb blows, electricity will still flow to all the other lights. This wouldn't happen if all the bulbs were in a single circuit.

The basic electricity formula, Ohms Law states that the current V (Volts) =  I (Current) x R (Resistance) . In parallel circuits, the voltage acting on each individual component of the circuit is the same; however, the total current and resistance is calculated differently. The formula for the current is I = I(1) +I(2) +I(3) . The resistance, on the other hand, is calculated as R = 1/R(1) + 1/R(2) + 1/(R(3)

Go Back to the First Article

No comments:

Post a Comment